Foreigners who are not EU residents who make significant capital investments are entitled to apply for a visa and a residence permit. These investments must be made in the following areas:
A. Financial assets, with an initial investment of at least:
- Two million euros in Spanish government securities, or one million euros in shares or holdings in Spanish corporate enterprises that are engaged in conducting actual business activities, or
- One million euros in investment funds, closed-end funds, or venture capital funds incorporated in Spain, or
- One million euros in bank deposits with Spanish financial institutions.
B. Real property purchases in Spain for investments of 500,000 euros or more per applicant.
- Visa and/or residence permits for investors
- Visa and/or residence permits for investors’ accompanying family members
- Obtaining the compulsory report from the Embassy’s Commercial Attaché’s Office or the Bureau of Trade and Investment, as the case may be, for indirect investments made via a foreign or a Spanish company.